Sunday, March 25, 2012

What I have been up to!


It's been a while since my last post. As I was writing this blog, I decided that it was time for me to stop writing and start acting. With the few means that I had and great emotional support from my husband, I decided to go into fashion.

I never held a needle in my hand before but I felt that mom's fashion skills were magically transmitted to me. I also felt that with the proper motivation and the right amount of passion, nothing was unattainable. It was time for me to become a fashion designer.

After many hours of vivid imagination, inexplicable drawings, incoherent measurements and countless meters of ruined fabric, my designs began to look like actual clothes.

I wanted to specialize in tunics because it was a good compromise between Moroccan clothing and modern clothing. I was rushing to make as many pieces as possible before the opening of my store in Rabat in August 2011. I didn't even have time to take professional pictures of my designs. Luckily a friend of mine was kind enough to pose for me.

This blog will still discuss women’s issues for those of you who want to comment about women’s rights and it will also be a chance for me to share with everyone my designs and get feedback. It will also discuss my struggle to make it as a woman in the fashion industry.

Thank you all in advance for your help and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment