Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Overcoming my fear

I have been so reluctant to publish my blog. I had this crazy fear that I would be making a fool out of myself. I was afraid to be criticized in the same way I allowed myself to criticize so many things. I read once somewhere that overcoming your fears makes you grow as a person and opens up more possibilities and opportunities. In a way, you set yourself free by letting go of something that is holding you back. You choose to be happy over being miserable. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "when a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." I do not want to be scared away and I therefore decided to overcome my fear of being judged, disliked or criticized in order for me to grow as a person and as a designer. If I make a fool out of myself, then at least I'm doing it happily by opening up to all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment